ProjectArt has announced, as of today, they are officially accepting applications for emerging artists to apply for their socially-engaged artist residency program! Miami & Detroit Deadline Extended until Monday June 26, 2017!
- Year-round temporary studio spaces in public libraries for artists to create new work (worth approx $8,000).
- The opportunity to mentor 45 children & youth through free after-school arts education classes in that library. Cash grants of $5,400 are provided to artists for teaching youth.
- A paid artist talk at the library. Artists are compensated $600 for this.
- Group exhibition at a gallery at the end of the residency.
- Studio visits by curators
- Artists are teacher-trained by ProjectArt, hence they when the residency concludes, they will leave ProjectArt with an employable skill.
- + $5,500 for training and teaching 3 classes per week.
- (Payment will be distributed in installments over the course of the residency)
- $300 gift card for art supplies to support the production of new work.
- Artists-in-residence group exhibition organized by the Program Director at a local gallery in May/June 2018.
- $200 honorarium for participating in the group exhibition and artist talk.
- Artists will be teacher-trained by ProjectArt and will leave the program with an employable skill.
- Teaching supplies and art materials for youth art classes will be provided by ProjectArt.
- Artists will have access to ProjectArt’s private and public events.
*teaching experience is not a requirement to apply